Irrigation Sprinkler Systems Installer
Operates power equipment and hand tools to install, maintain and repair irrigation systems and related components including irrigation lines, sprinkler heads, control panels, valves, pumps, etc. Checks system for proper operation and timing. May participate in the design or modification of new or existing systems.
- Performs seasonal maintenance such as system charging and draining.
- Maintains inventory of related parts and supplies.
- May lead workers on irrigation projects and work on other grounds related assignments as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, techniques, skills, materials, and methods of irrigation system design, installation and maintenance.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and drawings.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to operate equipment such as trenching machines and digging tools and other related grounds/landscape equipment.
- Ability to read and write in English and posse good math skills.
- Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.